您当前的位置:首页 >外贸知识>外贸英语

外贸进出口业务专业英语情景会话-21

时间:2022.01.21信息来源:功夫外贸

Paul: Hello Kamal.

你好,卡马尔!

Kamal: Hello.

你好!

Paul: Please come in. I was just on my way home. Tara and Tom are expecting me for dinner. I wanted to be on time for a change.

请进来,我刚想回家去。塔拉和汤姆正在等我吃晚饭。他们要求以后要准时回家。

Kamal: Look, I'm terrible sorry, to drop in on you at this time on a Friday. Paul. but it is rather important.

你看我,在星期五的这个时候上门拜访你,我真的很抱歉,但是 保罗。这事相当重要。

Paul: That's OK.

没关系。

kamal: Oh. By the way. congratulations on the birth of your daughter! What are you going to call her?

哦。对了, 祝贺你女儿的诞生!你打算给她取个什么名字?

Paul: Nina. We both like the name Nina.

尼娜。我们都喜欢尼娜这个名字

Kamal: That's very nice, Please give Tara and the baby my warmest congratulations, will you?

这是非常好的名字,请表转达我对塔拉和宝贝的最热烈的祝贺,好吗?

Paul: Thank you very much, We want to invite some people round to celebrate pretty soon so you'll able to see young Nina for yourself.She looks like me of course!.Right, Kamal, please sit down.

非常感谢,我们想很快邀请周围的一些人来庆祝一下,这样你们可亲眼看到小尼娜。当然,她看起来很像我哦!卡马尔,请坐。

Kamal: Right, Thank you.

好的,谢谢。

Paul: Now ... er, What's the problem?

现在...呃,有什么问题?

Kamal: Well, Paul. I won't keep you long, You see, there's a problem with the exchange rates- the EUROS has taken a fall on the foreign exchange market. You see, there's been a sharp increase in Industria's balance of payment deficit.

好吧,保罗。我不会耽误你太长时间,你瞧,汇率有一些问题 ,外汇市场 欧元汇率已经下跌了。你看,INDUSTRIA 支付的赤字急剧增长

Paul: I see, That's serious, isn't it?

我知道了,这会很严重,是吧?

Kamal: Well as you know. there've been reports of industrial unrest (pay problems as usuall) and the prospects for the EUROS looks pretty gloomy.

然而,你知道。据报道工业动荡(如往常一样的支付问题),欧元的前景看起来很不景气。

Paul: And that's going to affect us, as if we didn't have enough problems on our hands.

这将影响我们,尽管我们已经有足够的问题要处理。

Kamal: So I thought it would be wise to take out forward exchange cover to protect our position on the outstanding contracts.

因此,我认为采取远期交割保护,以保证我们未收汇的合同是明智的

Paul:Just a minute, Forward exchange cover? Now what does that mean exactly?

稍等一下,远程交割保护?这是什么意思?

Kamal: Well, it means that Jayal Motors enters into a commitment to sell EUROS forward at the present rate against our currency.

嗯,这意味着贾亚尔摩托承诺以目前的汇率销售欧元兑换成我们的货币。

Paul: I see, And how will that benefit us?

我明白了,这会对我们有什么好处?

Kamal:Well, Jayal Motors won't lose out if the EUROS falls further.

嗯,如果欧元进一步下跌,贾亚尔摩托将不会损失。

Paul:What will it cost, Kamal?

卡马尔,费用是多少?

Kamal: A small percentage, about 1%, and that can be built into the price of the bike.

很小的百分比,约1%,可以算在摩托车的价格里。

Paul: Well, I don't suppose there's much alternative, All right. Kamal. let's put it into action...

那么,我们别无选择,好吧。卡马尔。那我们就把它付诸行动吧。

Tom: What kept you, Paul? You said you'd be early for a change.

保罗,是什么让你滞留了?你不是说你会以后早一点到家吗?

Paul: Sorry about that. I was just leaving the office when Kamal dropped in.

很抱歉。我刚刚要离开办公室时卡马尔来了。

Tom: Trouble?

有什么麻烦吗?

Paul: Yes. I'm afraid so. The EUROS has fallen on the foreign exchange market ... but I promised myself there'd be no business this weekend.

是的。恐怕是这样。外汇市场欧元已经下跌了...但我保证自己,本周末我不谈业务。

Tara:I'm glad to hear it. Dinner's ready.

这话我愿意听,晚饭好了。

(phone ringring)

电话铃声:

Paul:Oh no. This had better not be business.. Where are you?... Yes, yes, it's good news... Thank you. They're both doing well ... How did you know? ... Cornell .. When? ... Oh I see ... Right, Well, I'd like to hear your ideas... That's fine, fine, And our love to Eve, Bye. Well, that was carl Sindon.

不好。但愿这电话不是谈业务的.. 你在哪里?...是的,是的,这是好消息...谢谢。他们都做得很好...你是怎么知道的?... 康奈尔.什么时候?...哦,我明白了...对了,好吧,我想听听你的想法...那很好,很好,转达我们对夏娃的问候,再见。嗯,电话是卡尔·辛顿打过来的。

Tara:Oh, where is he? Is he in Dabu?

哦,他在哪儿?在达布吗?

Paul:No, he was ringring from Centreville.

不是,他是从 Centreville 打过来的。

Tom: With good news, I think.

我想是好消息吧?

Paul: Yes. he said he saw Cornell when he heard about the damaged bikes, And Cornell said he didn't mind waiting till the replacements arrived.

是的。他说,他听到摩托车损坏的消息后去拜访了康奈尔。康奈尔说,他不介意等到更换的摩托车到达。

Tara: Well, that's fine.

嗯,这还不错。

Paul: And he sends congratulations, darling, from himself and Eve, And he's coming to Dabu soon. He says he's got some interesting ideas for expanding Jayal Motors.

他代表自己和夏娃表达祝贺,亲爱的,他很快就要来到达布了。他说他有一些有趣的想法来扩大贾亚尔摩托。

Tara:Well, I hope he brings Eve with him.

然而,我希望他把夏娃带来。

Paul: Where's Tom?

汤姆去哪儿了?

Tara: I don't know ... oh he's in looking at Nina.

我不知道...哦,他在照看着妮娜呢。

Tom:You know, she does look like me. Well now... Paul. Tara. there's something I want to tell you. It's something I've been thinking about for some time. Now that I'm grandfather I have the perfect excuse. Paul. how would you like to take over?

你知道,她看起来确实像我。嗯,现在...保罗, 塔拉。有一些事情我想告诉你们。这是我已经思考好长一段时间了。现在我是祖父,我有完美的借口。保罗。你想怎么接管?

Paul: What do you mean, Tom?

汤姆,你是什么意思?

Tom: I've decided to retire. How would you like to take over the business?

我决定退休。您想如何接管这这些业务?

Paul: Are you serious?

你是认真的吗?

Tom: Of course I am. There's one condition, though.

我当然是认真的。但是,有一个条件。

Paul:What's that?

什么条件?

Tom: That Tara shares the Managing Director post, half and half.

塔拉分得董事长位置的股份,五五分股份,

Tara: Oh father, that;s wonderful.

哦,爸爸,太好了。

Paul: It's a marvellous idea. You'll be great, Tara,

这是一个非常好的主意。塔拉会很棒的。

Tara:But what about Nina?

那妮娜咋办?

Tom:Ah well, she'll have here grandfather to look after her now. won't she?

啊,现在在这里有她的祖父照顾她了。不是吗?


   
回到顶部 | 联系我们
河北省外贸培训公共服务平台   
地址:石家庄市新合作广场 b1 1201   邮箱:87812389@163.com
违法和不良信息举报电话:0311-67662519/4008320700
备案编号:冀ICP备11006606号-18访问量: