Paul: Ladies, and Gentlemen, A toast to the bride and groom.
女士们,先生们,祝贺新娘和新郎,请举杯!
Voices: To the bride and groom (clapping)
祝贺新娘和新郎(拍手)
Tara: It's been a lovely day, Carl.
卡尔,今天真是美好的一天。
Carl: Yes, I'm not looking forward to going back to work.
是的,我都不想回去工作了
Tara: No. When will you both be leaving your jobs?
不,你们俩准备什么时候离开你们的工作?
Carl: Well, we have to work our respective notices, that's usually three months, That means we should be here for good in about two months' time.
那么,我们必须工作到我们各自的离职提前申请期,这通常是三个月,这意味着我们应该在大约两个月的时间里来的这里。
Tara: Oh, that's wonderful. Paul and I will have to look for a suitable house for you, near us of course.
哦,太好了。 保罗和我将会为你寻找一个合适的房子,当然是在我们附近了
Carl: Yes. Well, we've seen one we want, It'd be very nice if you could see it and finalize arrangements before we get here.
是的。 但是,我们看到了一个我们很喜欢的,如果你们能去看看并在我们到达之前搞定这个房子,那就太好了。
Tara: Yes.
好的。
Carl: That's if it hasn't been sold out already!
如果到时还没有售出的话!
Tara: Don't worry. Carl. We'll look after everything...
别担心。 卡尔。 我们会处理这一切的
Tom:Honestly, Carl, you should have seen the look on Kamal's face when I told him we'd found new backers for the company.
老实说,卡尔,当我告诉卡马尔,我们有了公司新的支持者时。你应该已经看到了卡马尔的表情了,
Carl: I can imagine his surprise, but I bet he covered his disappointment well- typical of bankers!
我可以想象他的惊讶,但我敢打赌,他很好地掩盖了他的失望 - 典型的银行家
Tara: You know, Carl, I've never seen my father look so happy. I bet he never thought Paul's exporting idea would turn out as well as it has. Oh, here he comes now!
你知道,卡尔,我从来没有见过我父亲这么高兴过。 我敢打赌,他从来没有想过保罗的出口计划如此成功。 哦,他来了!
Carl: Any regrets about retiring, Tom?
汤姆,退休有什么遗憾吗?
Tom: None at all, I've just bought some new golf equipment, I'm going to have a very busy retirement you know.
一点儿都没有,我刚买了一些新的高尔夫设备,我会有一个非常繁忙的退休生活。
Tara:Father!
爸爸!
Tom:Oh, well, Now I can retire safe in the knowledge that Paul,Tara and Jack have two very capable people to help them build Jayal Motors into a first class company...
哦,对了,得知保罗,塔拉和杰克有你们两个非常有能力的人帮助他们把贾亚尔摩托发展成为一流的公司,现在我可以放心地退休了...
Jack:Well, Carl. what's is it like being a married man?
嗯,卡尔。 已婚男人应该是什么样子?
Carl: To which of my wives are you referring,Jack? Eve or Jayal Motors? Come on, come on, Jack, When are you going to take the Plunge?
你指的是我的那个妻子,杰克? 夏娃还是贾亚尔摩托? 来,杰克,你什么时候结婚?
Paul: Oh, Jack's a confirmed bachelor.
哦,杰克是一个铁杆单身汉
Jack: Yes, thanks to you. Paul, and your bright idea for expansion- I don't have time for anything else...
是的,感谢你, 保罗。而且你的聪明的公司扩张的想法 - 让我没有时间考虑别的什么的。
Paul: Oh Kamal! Come over and joint us.
哦,卡马尔! 过来和我们一起坐坐。
Kamal: An excellent reception, Mr. Sindon.
辛德先生,招待的非常好。
Carl: Oh, call me Carl.-we're going to be seeing a lot of each from now on, I understand.
哦,叫我卡尔吧,我想,我们从现在开始要经常见面了。
Kamal: Well, the bank has her interests to protect, you know, We have to keep an eye on you.
嗯,银行关心自己的利益,你知道,我们必须关注你们。
Tara: Heh, Christopher Mayo has arrived, Here he comes now.
嘿,克里斯托弗·梅奥已经到了,他来了。
Chris: I'm sorry I'm late, Congratulations, Carl, I had to take a later train from Dabu.
对不起,我迟到了,恭喜你,卡尔。在达布我不得不坐晚班的火车。
Carl: Is there anything wrong, Chris?
有什么问题吗,克里斯?
Chris:Well,I've certainly got some news, That's why I'm here.
嗯,我确实有一些消息,这就是为什么我来这里
Chris:And then we heard on the newswire at the Export Development Office that the Industria government has imposed temporary and selective import controls on certain goods coming from developing countries, despite the international agreements.
我们在出口发展办公室的新闻网上听说,尽管有国际协议,INDUSTRIA 政府对来自发展中国家的某些货物实施了临时的和有选择的进口管制。
Paul:Does this directly affect us, Chris?
这能否直接影响到我们,克里斯?
Chris: I'm not sure. We haven't got all the details yet.
我不确定。 我们还没有这些细节。
Carl:Eve and I had better to back as soon as possible and find out when the controls are being imposed and if Jayal Motors will be directly hit
夏娃和我最好尽快回去,去看看管制合适实施,是否贾亚尔摩托也列入其中
Paul: Right, I'll get Tim to arrange your bookings straight away...
对,我马上让蒂姆给你们订票。