您当前的位置:首页 >外贸知识>外贸英语

外贸英语口语900句系列21质量索赔

时间:2018.05.02信息来源:功夫外贸

PARKER: Negotiations are possible only if those who negotiate are prepared to make concessions. 


(谈判只有在谈判双方准备做让步的前提下才能进行)


At the moment both John Goodwin and Li Wei are busy resolving problems which have arisen from the old contract. 


(目前,约翰GOODIN和李薇俩忙着解决老合同的问题)


So far matters of demurrage and short weight have been resolved.


(到目前为止滞期费和短装问题已经解决)


LI: Let us move on now to my last claim.


(下一个也就是我的最后一个索赔问题)


GOODWIN: Yes. Let us get to it. We seem to be making remarkable progress.


(好的,我们开始吧,我们看来有了显著的进展)


LI:This one has to do with inferior quality.


(这是一个低质量的问题)


GOODWIN: Then this one is important.We stand by our products. 


(那么这可是很严重的问题,我们靠产品而立)


We cannot afford to have our customers unhappy with us because that would means naturally that they would go to our competitors. 


(我们承担不起我们的客户对我们不满意,因为那样自然的意味着他们将去我们的竞争者那边了)


By all means, let's resolve this issue right now.


(无论如何,让我们马上解决这个问题)


LI:Well. let me then say that in the latest shipment received at the port of Shanghai, 


(那么,我就提及我们在上海港收到的上一批装运货物)


we noted that the biuret content of the fibre powder exceeded 1.0% which is ,as you know, the limit imposed by the contract. 


(我们注意到这批货的缩二脲含量超过你所知道的合作中规定限制的1%)


We sent you a letter on April 2nd. but unfortunately we have not as yet received a reply. I draw your attention to this matter only because we regard it as urgent.


(我们四月二日给你发了信,但是遗憾的是我们却没有收到回复,我们就此事提请你们注意,是因为我们认为这事很紧急)


GOODWIN:Frankly, I was shocked to discover that you had found the biuret content to be 1.1% instead of the usual 1.0%. 


(坦白地说,我们看到你发现缩二脲含量是1.1%而不是1%感到很震惊)


As soon as I received your letter,I personally looked into the matter by asking our surveyor to run another test on the sample lot. 


(我一收到你的信件,我就亲自调查这事,让我们的检测员再用样品进行一次测验)


This was the same samples as the one used before shipment to you.


(这些样品和发给你的货物是一批的)


LI:Yes. and what was the result?


(好的,那么结果如何)


GOODWIN: I'm afraid to say that it is precisely the same as it appears in the previous surveyor's report. 


(我不好意地说和之前的检验报告非常精确的一致)


Here, This is the report. As you can see. it has been verified by federal inspectors.


(瞧,这就是这个报告,你可以看,已经被联邦检查员认证的)


LI: I see, Well, Mr. Goodwin we seem to have walked the same road and arrived at a different place.


(我知道了,然而,GOODWIN先生,看来我们是同途殊归呀)


GOODWIN: So it seems.


(所以看来)


LI: The discrepancy was first pointed out to me in a report from our  Commodity Inspection Bureau, an agency which enjoys an international reputation for impartiality.


(这含量不符是商品检验局的报告第一次向我们指出的,商检局是一个因为公正性而享有国际声誉的机构)



GOODWIN: Yes. I'm not questioning their integrity at all. I'm merely suggesting that we may be using different testing methods.


(是的,我根本不是怀疑他们的公正性,我只是提醒可能我们使用不同的检查手段)


 I don't believe anyone has ever looked into the matter.I'm willing to believe that, with the best of intentions, we have arrived at our conclusions by different methods.


(我相信没有人曾经调查这事,我情愿相信出于良好的目的,我们通过不同的方法得出的结论)



LI:It is possible.May I make a suggestion? You show us your method and we will show your ours. 


(这倒可能,我提个建议吧, 你们告诉我们你们的方法,我们告诉你们我们的方式)


Not only that, We will also provide you with our samples so that you can test them yourselves,This way we would know for sure.


(不仅如此,我们还将提供我们的样品以便你们自己检测,这样我们将搞准)


GOODWIN: I don't know, Something bothers me. I 'm willing to do this. of course, but what would happen if we ran this test and still disagree?


(我不知道,我担心些事,我当然愿意这么做,但是如果这么做检测但结果还是不同咋办?)


 With respect to this shipment. then, would you agree to appeal to a third party? Would you agree to turning the whole matter over to a respected surveyor from, say France or Germany?


(对于这批货物,那么,你同意诉诸第三方检测吗?你同意将所有事情交给比如法国或德国的权威检测机构?)


LI: That might be the way out. Would you agree that his decision would be final?


(这也许是好的解决办法,你同意他们的结论就是最后结论吗?)


GOODWIN: If you would.


(只要你同意)


LI:Let's proceed then.


(那就这么办吧)


GOODWIN: All right.


(好的)


DIALOGUE: A Bill of Lading:


(对话:提单)


THE SHIP MASTER: I hope the loading's finished.


(船长:我希望船装好货了)


THE MATE:Yes. sir. The last load is just coming on board.


(大副:是的,先生,最后一次装载刚刚上船。)


THE SHIP MASTER: Thank God for that! They'll have to pay two days' demurrage-that's USD10,000


(谢天谢地,他们不得不支付两天的滞期费,那是10000美金)


THE MATE: What about the bill of lading sir?


(先生,提早如何处理?)


THE SHIP-MASTER: Did you check the bags?


(你检查包装袋了吗?)


THE MATE: Yes, sir.


(是的,先生)


THE SHIP-MASTER: O.K?


(还好吗?)


THE MATE: No problem, All the bags were in good condition.


(没问题,所有包装袋都完好无损)


THE SHIP MASTER: We can issue a clean on board bill of lading then.


(那么我们就可以出具清洁已装船提单了)


THE MATE: Yes, sir.


(好的, 先生)


THE SHIP MASTER:Let me know as soon as we can weigh anchor. The sooner we sail the better.


(一旦可以起锚马上通知我,越早起航越好。)


THE MATE: Yes .sir.


(好的先生)

   
回到顶部 | 联系我们
河北省外贸培训公共服务平台   
地址:石家庄市新合作广场 b1 1201   邮箱:87812389@163.com
违法和不良信息举报电话:0311-67662519/4008320700
备案编号:冀ICP备11006606号-18访问量: