Parker:My Secretary. Sarah, has made reservations for a flight to Beijing for Mr. and Mrs. Goodwin and myself, leaving vancouver next Monday morning. Now, I'll have to send the details of this flight to Beijing so that our Chinese friends can book rooms for us at a local hotel. The last time Mr. Goodwin visited Beijig. he saw a great new hotel being built in the northeastern section of the city. He spoke to me about it in glowing terms. So. I'll mention the hotel in my e-mail in hopes that perhaps we'll be able to stay here during our visit.
(我的秘书 SARAH已经为GOODWIN夫妇和我订了下周一去飞机的机票,现在我得给北京的朋友发E-MAIL告诉他我们航班的详情,他们好为我们预订当地的酒店。上次GOODWIN访问北京,看见北京的东北方向在建一个很大的酒店,GOODWIN对我说起时赞不绝口,所以,我会在E-MAIL中提及这个酒店希望可能的话我们这次出访可以入住哪儿。)
(Sound of door opening)
(门打开的声音)
SARAH: Are you ready to send E-mail to Beijing. Mr. Parker?
(Mr.Parker 你已经准备好给北京发E-MAIL了?)
PARKER:Yes. Come in, Pull up a chair. I'll dictate the message to you now. let me see. It's ten o'clock in the morning here. What time is in Beijig?
(是的,请进,拉把椅子,我口述信息给你。让我想想,现在我们这儿是早上10点,北京是什么时间?)
SARAH:They're sixteen hours ahead of us. it's two o'clock in the morning there. We probable won't get a reply today.
(北京早我们16个小时,现在哪儿是早上两点钟,我们今天不能得到他们的回信)
PARKER:Tomorrow is all right, Address the e-mail to Li Wei,Vice President of China Garment Import and Export Corporation, Beijing .Got that?
(明天可以,给北京中国服装进出口公司副总经理李薇发E-MAIL. 明白吗?)
SARAH:Right
(OK)
PARKER:"ARRIVING TUESDAY, APRIL,27, ON BOARD JAL FLIGHT NUMBER 766,SCHEDULED TO ARRIVE AT CAPITAL AIRPORT 13:00 HOURS,BRING MY WIFE,EMILY, AND MY SALES MANAGER, MR.DAVID PARKER. COULD YOU BOOK US TWO ROOMS PREFERABLY AT THE GREAT WALL HOTEL FOR TWO WEEKS? WE WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR MAKING ARRANGEMENTS FOR US TO VISIT THE CANTON FAIR AFTER OUR TALKS, WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AGAIN AND TO SIGNING THE CONTRACT AT AN EARLY DATE, WITH BEST REGARDS,JOHN GOODWIN."
(4月27日周二到达,航班号JAL 787,计划到达首都机场13点,随同有我的妻子EMILY,我的销售经理MR,PARKER, 请你给我们在长城饭店预订两个房间入住两周吧。我们非常感激您给能在我们会谈后为我们安排参加广交会。 我们期待再次和您见面并且尽早签订合同,顺祝 JOHN GOODWIN)
SARAH: Is that all?
(就这些?)
PARKER:Yes.Please send it off right away, will you?
(请马上发送,好吗?)
(TELEPHONE CALL IN BUZZER)
(电话铃声)
PARKER:Yes?
(喂?)
SARAH:We've just received a reply to our E-MAIL to Beijing. Do you want me to bring a copy?
(我们刚刚收到北京对我们的E-MAIL的回复,需要我给你COPY吗?)
PARKER: No.Just read it to me. I'm rather busy right now.
(不用,你就读给我听吧,我现在超忙)
SARAH:All right." THANK YOU FOR YOUR E-MAIL. WE WELCOME YOU TO BEIJING. WE WILL MEET YOU AT THE AIRPORT AND DO ALL WE CAN TO MAKE YOUR STAY A PLEASANT ONE, WE HAVE MADE ARRANGEMENTS AT THE GREAT WALL HOTEL FOR YOU AND OPEN RESERVATIONS AT THE WHITE SWAN HOTEL IN GUANGZHOU DURING THE CANTON FAIR. LIKE YOU. WE LOOK FORWARD TO A SUCCESSFUL CONCLUSION TO OUR BUSINESS NEGOTIATIONS. WHICH WILL NO DOUBT BRING ABOUT CLOSER TIES BETWEEN OUR TWO CORPERATIONS." The E-mail is send and signed by Li Wei.Vice President.
(好吧:“谢谢您的邮件,我们欢迎您来北京,我们将到机场去接您,并尽我们最大努力让您的在北京过的愉快。我们已经在长城饭店为您定了房间,并且在在广交会期间我们在广州白天鹅酒店为您预留了房间。同您一样,我们期待我们的商谈取得圆满成功,这无疑将使得我们两公司的关系更加紧密”。 邮件是李薇副总发来和签字的。)
PARKER: That sounds very encouraging.Sarah. So we are staying at the Great Hotel. Mr. Goodwin will be pleased about that. I think I'll need a copy of the E-mail to take with me when I go to see Mr. Goodwin.
(听起来非常令人振奋,SARAH,我们将入驻长城饭店了,GOODWIN先生一定很高兴的,我想我需要一份E-MAIL的COPY,我去见GOODWIN先生是带一份去)
Dialogue: Booking a flight
Clerk:Good morning, sir.Can I help you?
(早上好先生,我们为您做点什么?)
Traveller: Yes,I want to fly to Beijing,Please.
(是的,请为我订去北京的机票)
Clerk:I see. When do you want to travel?
( 你想那天出行?)
Traveller:As soon as possible,please
(请安排最早的航班)
Clerk:Any preference about the airline?
(对航班有什么偏爱吗?)
Traveller:Air France, if possible
(如果可能,最好法航)
Clerk: Economy or First Class?
(经济舱还是一等舱?)
Traveller:Economy,Please
(请订经济舱)
Clerk:May I have your name please. sir?
(先生,请告诉您的名字)
Traveller: A.F.Johnson.
Clerk: If you'll just take a seat for a moment, Mr.Johnson, I'll check the reservation on the computer. you'er in luck, sir. There's one seat available on Air France Flight AF92 Leaving at 9:00 hours tomorrow morning. O.K?
(Johnson, 请稍找个坐位稍等一下,我在电脑上查看一下预订。先生,您真幸运,法航AF92有一张票,明天早上九点起飞的,OK?)
Traveller:Fine, Book it for me,please.
(好的,请就订这个吧)
Clerk:Certainly, Sir. May I see your passport and visa, Please?
(先生,我可以看您的护照和签证吗?)
Traveller: Here you are.
(给你)
Clerk: Thank you. Here's your ticket, Please report to the airport no later than 8:00 hours tomorrow morning.
(谢谢。这儿是您的机票,请明天早上8点前到达机场)