您当前的位置:首页 >外贸知识>外贸英语

外贸英语口语九百句-4:EMILY GOODWIN TALKS ABOUT HER VISIT TO BEIJING

时间:2018.05.02信息来源:功夫外贸

PARKER: Everthing's set now, We're booked on a flight to Beijing, and our Chinese hosts are going to meet us at the airport. They've made reservations for us at the Great Wall Hotel in Beijing and also at the White Swan Hotel in Guangzhou. What's China Like? John Goodwin has been there many times, But Emily, his wife, and I have never been there. Emily Goodwin works for a large department store in Vancouver as its west coast manager. Just before we leave, I'm invited out to the Goodwins' house for supper.


        (每件事情都已经搞定,我们已经定了去北京的机票,我们北京的主人将到机场接我们,他们为我们在北京预订了长城饭店,也在广州预订了白天鹅宾馆。中国什么样?JOHN GOODWIN去过多次,但是他的妻子艾米丽和我还没去过。艾米丽.GOODWIN是温哥华一家很大超市的西海岸经理,我们出发前,GOODWIN邀请我去他们家吃晚餐。)


(Sound: Silverware, Dishes, Glasses, music in background)

     (银器,盘子,玻璃器皿和音乐的声音)


GOODWIN:David tells me he's already packed and ready to go, Emily

 (艾米丽,大卫告诉我他已经打理好行囊了,随时出发了)


EMILY: I wish I could say the same!

(我希望也可以那样说!)


PARKER: Well, my wife Mary packed my bags for me before she left for Ottava yesterday.

(是的,我妻子玛丽昨天去渥太华前帮我打理的行李)


EMILY:I'm sorry she's not coming along with us.

(很抱歉她不能和我们同行)


PARKER: She went to a conference. By the way, Emily, while we men are sitting around in little rooms working,what will you be doing?

   (她去参加一个会议,对了,艾米丽,我们男人围坐在小会议室工作的时候,你打算做点什么?)


EMILY: I'll be outside buying things from China.

(我到外面买些中国货)


PARKER: Silks and embroideries and jade,things like that?

(丝绸,刺绣,玉器等 那些东西?)


EMILY:(LAUGHS) Yes, of course, Many other things,too. all our friends have already placed orders with me.

(大笑)(是的,当然,很多东西,我很多朋友都和我预订了)


GOODWIN:Emily's going to China to have some fun,David,but she's also going there to work very hard.Hudson's Bay is sending her there to buy textiles.

    (艾米丽到中国休闲去了,但是 大卫,她去哪儿也有很多工作, 哈德逊湾公司派她去采购中国的纺织品)


EMILY:I've been to South America many times, as you know, Last year I went to Paris and London. This year the company's sending me to Beijing to look at fabrics and perhaps also some ready to wear clothing. Beijing is the centre' of the clothing industry in China.

    (我去过南美很多次,你知道,去年我去巴黎和伦敦。今年公司派我去北京去看看化纤并且可能的话也考察一下成衣。北京是中国服装工业的中心)


PARKER: Well, I've been to Hudson's bay many times to look at woolen carpets and chinaware.and I noted that much of it came from China.

     (是的,我去过哈德逊湾公司很多次看看羊毛地毯和瓷器,我注意到大多数来至中国。)


EMILY:The company has given me the right to purchase products if they'er the right price.

(公司授权我如果价格核算就采购产品)


GOODWIN:So I shall try to sell them something and Emily will try to buy something. A good business proposition. don't  you think?

    (这样,我将尽量卖给他们一些产品,而艾米丽尽量购买他们一些产品,真是一项好生意。不是吗?)


PARKER:Well,it sounds like we'll all be working. At least I thought I could count on Emily having some fun. What is that saying: "All work and no fun makes jack a dull body."

     (那么,看来我们都将工作了,至少我想我可以指望艾米丽代我休闲一下。怎么说来着:“只工作不娱乐,你会成为一个蠢蛋”)


EMILY: My work is fun. David

(大卫,我的工作就是休闲)


GOODWIN: Don't Worry, we'll have plenty of time for fun. It's spring time in beijing and the Great Wall ad the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven are there just waiting for us.

    (不要担心,我们有充分的时间休闲,北京是春天了,长城,紫禁城,天坛在哪儿等着我们呐)


PARKER: Now you have me interested!(They Laugh.)

(你已经让我兴奋了)(他们大笑)


DIALOGUE: SARAH MAKES AN EXCUSE.

(SARAH 的借口)

(Knock on door)

(敲门声)


SARAH: Oh. hello, David. Come in.

(哦,嗨,大卫,请进)


David: Thanks.

(谢谢)


SARAH: What's the news?

(有什么新闻)


David: Nothing much. I was wondering if you'd like to come to a dance tonight.

(没什么,我想问你今晚是否愿意出去参加舞会)


SARAH: Oh, I'd love to. but i have some work to finish.

(哦,我愿意,但是我有一些工作要完成)


David: in the evening?

   (在晚上?)


SARAH:Yes. my boss is off to China tomorrow and I have a whole lot of indents to get ready.

(是的,我们老板明天去中国而我有一大堆订单要做好)


David:Can't they wait?

(他们不能等?)


SARAH: No. They've got to be ready first thing tomorrow.

(是的,明天第一件事就是这个必须搞定)


David: I don't even know what an indent is.

(我连什么是订单都不知道)


SARAH: Oh, in this case it's just a list of things our company wants to buy from China.

(哦,就是我们公司要从中买的东西的列表)


David: Oh well, never mind, some other time perhaps. see you.

(哦, 没关系,改时间再说,再见)


Sarah: See You.

(再见)


(SOUND OF TELEPHONE DIALLING)

(拨电话的声音)


Hello. is that you Michael? what time are you picking me up tonight? A dance? Realy? one 0'clock? great!

(嗨, 是米凯尔吗? 今晚你什么时候接我? 去跳舞?怎得?一点钟? 太好了。)


   
回到顶部 | 联系我们
河北省外贸培训公共服务平台   
地址:石家庄市新合作广场 b1 1201   邮箱:87812389@163.com
违法和不良信息举报电话:0311-67662519/4008320700
备案编号:冀ICP备11006606号-18访问量: