河北省外贸培训公共服务平台

Tara: Eve! Over here! Eve!

夏娃!在这里!夏娃!

Eve: Tara! How lovely to see you!

塔拉!真高兴看到你。

Tara: I thought I wouldn't be on time. I've left the baby with Tom.

我以为我不能准时到达呢。我把孩子交给汤姆了。

Eve::It doesn't seem like three weeks since I was last here, It feels like yesterday.

这根本不像是我上次三个星期前来过这里,感觉好像是昨天。

Tara:Where's all your luggage?

你的行李在哪里?

Eve: Oh I've only brought one case with me. The rest's coming by air from Centreville.

哦,我只带了一个箱子。其余的从Centerville空运来。

Tara: When's Carl coming?

卡尔什么时间来?

Eve: I'm not sure exactly, He's got a few things to do, He'll be here as soon as he can... I hope.

我不确定,他有几件事情要做,我希望...他会尽快到这里。

Tara: Come on, I've got the car.

来吧,我有车。

Eve:Did Paul manage to get the extra shipment off to Bill Cornell, Tara?

塔拉,保罗安排比尔.康奈尔的额外订单发货了吗?

Tara: Yes, thanks to the new trucks arriving ahead of shcedule, and the expansion of the assembly plant has been completed in record time.

是的,多亏新卡车比预期提前到达,使装配厂的扩建已经以创纪录的时间完成了。

Eve: Well, that's good news.

好,这是个好消息

Tara:Do you want to go to the house first and then to Jayals?

你想先去家里然后去贾亚尔吗?

Eve: Let's go to Jayals, There may be news from Carl about these import quotas.

我们还是去贾亚尔吧,可能有来自卡尔的有关进口配额的消息

Tara: Fine, We're almost there,anyway ... Look, there's Paul.

好的,反正我们马上就到那里,瞧,保罗在那儿。

Eve: Hello. Paul.

你好,保罗

Paul: Eve! How nice to see you in my office, I'll be up in a minute.

夏娃!很高兴在我的办公室看到你,我一分钟后去楼上。

Eve: I'll see you then. Paul. Bye.

一会儿见, 保罗。再见

Tara: Eve, before we go up, How serious do you think this import quota problem really is for Jayal Motors?

夏娃,在我们上去之前,你认为这个进口配额问题对贾亚尔摩托真的那么重要吗?

Eve: Well, I don't think the import quota is as serious as everyone's making out. It's just the government being cautious,I'm sure a deal will be negotiated which'll suit all parties ... But then again, I don't think it's wise to be wholly dependent on one market anyway...

嗯,我不认为进口配额象每个人认为的那样严重。这只是政府谨慎,我相信一个协议将要商议,并将适合所有各方...但是,还有,我认为完全依赖一个市场是不明智的。

Paul: Welcome back. Eve. Much sooner than we expected, but we're not complaining.

夏娃,欢迎回来。 比我们预期的早得多了,这可不是我们的抱怨啊。

Eve: It's nice to be back, Has Carl contacted you yet?

很高兴回来,卡尔与你联系过吗?

Paul: No, no. We've been waiting to hear from him.

不,没有。我们一直在等待他的回音

Eve: Ah, He's rather tied up at the moment.

啊,他现在很忙

Paul:Oh, dear! Anything special?

噢,我的天!有什么特别事的吗?

Eve: Well, he is meeting a number of representatives from other developing countries ... to persuade the Industria government to give them exemption from the import quotas.

嗯,他正在会见来自其他发展中国家的一些代表......说服INDUSTRIA政府给予他们进口配额豁免。

Paul:Yes. they're coming under a great deal of international political pressure.

是的。他们正面临着巨大的国际政治压力

Eve: But they are putting developing countries forward for special consideration.

但他们正在把发展中国家推向前面,以供特别考虑

Paul: But it's difficult to see the government making concessions so late in the day.

但是很难看到政府在这么晚的时候做出让步。

Eve:Oh, I don't know. I'm optimistic.

哦,我不知道。我很乐观

Tara: Oh but Eve, you've got to remember Zuritania has import tariffs on foreign bikes, and if we want the controls lifted, we should be prepared to cut our tarriffs.

哦,但夏娃,你应该知道苏黎世对外国摩托车有进口关税,如果我们想要别国解除控制,我们应该准备削减我们的关税。

Eve: Mm. You've got a point.

嗯。你说道点子上了。

Tara:After all, since we have shown we can compete with the rest of the world, our government can not longer claim to be protecting an infant industry.

既然由于我们已经证明我们可以与世界其他地方竞争了,我们的政府就不能再声称要保护一个新兴产业了。

Paul:That's true, love, but a separate deal can't be made just for bikes, you know.

这倒是真的,亲爱的,但你知道,一个单独的协议不能只为摩托车。

Tara: Why not?

为什么不?

Paul:Well, you see the import controls affect not only bikes from Zuritania, but lots of other products, which the goverment may genuinely be subsidizing and protecting.

嗯,你看到这进口管制不仅影响来自苏黎世的摩托车,还有许多政府可能真正补贴和保护的其他产品。

Eve: Mm. yes, But my point is, if we didn't entirely depend on Industria for our export market, we wouldn't be so worried about the controls.

嗯。是的,但我的观点是,如果我们不是完全依赖Industria作为我们唯一的出口市场,我们就不会那么在乎他们的进口管制。

Paul:Of course, you're absolutely right, Eve. Look, I'll talk to Chris Mayo tomorrow when I see him in Dabu and mention the possibility of a separate deal on the bikes - and I'll talk to him about opening up into new markets as well.

当然,你是绝对正确的,夏娃。瞧,我将在达布和克里斯·梅奥谈谈,并提到有关摩托车的单独交易的可能性。并且, 我会和他谈谈开拓新市场的可能性。

Tara: Right! Now let's have some lunch, Eve, you must be starving.

对!现在我们应该用午餐了,夏娃,你必须饿坏了吧


电脑版回到顶部
  冀ICP备11006606号-18